At a recent staff meeting we focused on the developing the skill of delegation. I wanted to share the helpful thoughts from the time below.
5 Thoughts on Delegation by Mike Hansen
- Acknowledge your limits
- Determine Priorities
- Train Other Leaders
- Keep your ego out of the way
- Accept responsibility
How to Become a Great Delegator (discussion around table)
- Know the vision
- Model what you expect of others
- Ask what can I delegate?
- Give Clear Expectations
- Create planned feedback loops
- Know when to let someone fail for their good/learning proces
- Remember its all about people. Don’t become so focused on the task that you forget its about people